Re: acmi error found?

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

>     An LCR meter is great for the secondary, caps, and all kinds of
> other stuff but they are pretty bad for the primary inductance.

	For inductance measurements my preference is a good bridge, with a
scope as detector to make it easy to ignore harmonic distortion in the
generator. For capacitors less than perhaps a few hundred pf it is a
tossup.  I use a Q meter and calibrated standard capacitor myself, and
prefer the substitution method.

> Ed wonders why we try to take these super accurate measurements even beyond
> the level of practicality.

	No he doesn't!

It is, of course, to justify the cost of our
>         "stuff" that we love to play with so much :-)))

	My wife doesn't know how much anything cost, and can only tell when
something new arrives by counting things.  As for myself, I have always
been good at rationalizing all of my purches.

  When I was doing the last
>         test, I noticed some "noise" in the reading.  A little searching
the panel
>         found that magic button and... noise gone! :-)))
>
>         Cheers,
>
>                 Terry

Ed