My 4 capacitor mmc

Original poster: "Tom Stathes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <newphreak_16-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hey everyone, i fnaly put togeather my first mmc. I
never thought i would say that :^)
for $20 i was able to get 4 surplus mica capacitors.
each 50nf -at- 10kvdc they were surpluss from a laser
power supply.  They were an odd design that i had
never seen before and soooo small.  they are each
about the size of a zippo lighter  the terminals on
them were odd. mot like others.  Picture this, while
standing up strait, a plastic tab pops up from the
top.  This tab is actualy a pc board with 1 thick
copper plate etched on each side one side these are
the terminals.  Because the insulation was cracked on
3 of them the HV would just arc between the terminals.
 I had to work around this somehow.  So i pealed off
all the outer tape and then jently pealed back the
back piece of foil on each cap.  So it looked like
this ==[  ]==
This made it very easy to join togeather, and provided
a low inductance, low resistance connection as well.
I have only tried a single 25nf string so far with
great results.  I will try the 50nf soon.
--Tom