[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

nathan update

Hello, All

I now have another update.  After trying a jacob's ladder again and
confirming the livelihood of my transformer, I moved to a simple bolt-air
blast gap.  After a tiny bit of tuning (it's still not quite there yet) I
began to get 8-10 inches of nice forked breakout into the air. Now I won't
have to use that silly lineman's hook with a grounded wire in it to draw
arcs!  That is a bit encouraging.

It still seemed at first to be trying to stop the spark gap from firing, but
after messing with it a bit I found that I wasn't really turning the variac
up to the 120v point, only about 100v.

thanks for the help everyone.

Also, I want to start doing some LTR try-outs, and was wondering if anyone
would be willing to go in on a deal with some more of those wonderful
Panasonic caps.  They've been great for me, but are still a bit expensive
unless bought in great quantities.

Thank you for the help again!
I'll see if I can't find some more problems for my coil to come up with, so
you all don't run out of things to do!  ;-)))

Nathan