[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Arcs off the fingers and getting killed in the process...

Nick: As a 60 year old just getting into coiling, I can only say
"May you live long and prosper."

Ted

==================================
Subject: Re: Arcs off the fingers and getting killed in the process...

Original Poster: "Megavolt Nick" <tesla-at-fieldfamily.prontoserve.co.uk>

Hi Terry,
              I agree with you that higher power levels are much more
accessable than they were - I am probably the most extreme example of this,
I'm 14 and running 12kVA.  I think one of the aspects of coiling we should
build on as part of this trend, which we will never be able to reverse
(unless we can get a pole pig 'licence' introduced...) is group coiling.
A guy in a shed with a pole pig won't have the safety of someone remembering
to kill the power when he doesn't and calling the ambulance when neither of
them do.
I think we are being forced this way as anyway, as you push up the power
venues get harder to find and you have to group together to arrange large
enough venues.  Even so we should make a concious effort to have some fellow
coilers around when we're running at high power, the family cowering in the
corner can't recognise when we do something stupid because they don't know
what's stupid and what's not.

I have never been tempted to try the arcs off fingers demo. If I ever needed
to do it I would personally only do so if i had a chain mail suit under my
clothes to prevent any current flowing through my body.  I as far as
electric shocks go I'm living on borrowed time already so I don't feel any
need to increase my doseage.

Regards
Nick Field