[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cool Idea

hi everyone,

I tried using a stainless steel scouring pad, the kind that looks like a
ball of
metal turnings I forced it in a shallow metal can to hold it and glued the can
to my soldering station. It cleans the tip very nicely and it doesn't cool
it as
much as a wet towel or sponge.  Ive used it for over a year and haven't had to
change it. I haven't figured where the crud from the tip goes. I guess its
stuck
in the bottom of the can.

I got the idea when I saw a soldering iron cleaner in a catalog and it looked
like a scouring pad jammed into a can.

by all
Joseph Gallo

PS   I feel very privileged  to have been part of this list---classes start
soon
I am unsubscribing.
happy coiling!

snip