[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Advanced Spark Gap Technology

Hi All,
          on the subject of advanced spark gaps.  I'm currently casting
heatsinks for some rather nice static gaps a few of us in the uk are
planning to run in series with our rsgs. They use 150mm dia. finned
aluminium heatsinks with brass holders for  3.5mm Zirconiated Tungsten
replacable eletrodes.  A nice feature of these is that simply by loosening a
grubscrew you can feed the electrode further in to make up for the erosion
(I decided, after seeing what 5kVA does to brass electrodes, that they
*have* to be tungsten and easily replaceable).  These have actualy proven to
be remarkably easy to make, the sand casting is fairly trouble free and the
rest is just a few minutes on a lathe.

Regards
Nick Field