[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary-Secondary spacing

In a message dated 2/6/00 12:36:42 PM !!!First Boot!!!, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Original Poster: "Christopher Boden" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

 We are building the primary mounts this week and I am wondering the best
 spaceing for the Primary in relation to the secondary.

 The secondary is wound on a 6" form and is moveable in the Z axis so that we
 can adjust coupling.

 The primary forms create a .75" gap to the first turn (each side) if the
 primary form is almost touching the sec, is this enough?

 The primary supports are made from 1/2? UHMW and will be bolted to a 2'dia X
 1/2" thick UHMW plate with nylon bolts.

-snip-

Chris,

The inside diameter of the primary on my 6" coil is 8.0".  .75" seems a
little too close to me.

Ed Sonderman