[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spinning Toroids

<< Original Poster: "Andy Cleary" <gemware2-at-dreamscape-dot-com>

>   Has anyone on the list tried spinning their own toroids?  I have seen them
> for sale, were they home-made or commercially made?  The reason why I ask is
> this- I received a new Lindsay Publications catalog today in the mail, and
> in it are three inexpensive books, telling how to spin your own metal
> objects (vases, bowls, and it even mentions terminals for HV use!).  The
> books are very inexpensive, ranging from 4.95-9.95.  According to the blurb,
> all that is needed is sheetmetal, a lathe, and a few simple tools.  It
> sounds simple, and I was curious if anyone has tried it?

> -Andy Cleary >>

Andy,

I bought one of those books, and that's where I learned the basics
of spinning.  I've adapted the procedures for toroid spinning, and I
offer both the finished toroids and also videotapes that show my
method of making them.  It is true that it is a simple process, but
takes some work and practice.  My toroids can be seen at:

    http://members.aol-dot-com/FutureT/

Cheers,
John Freau