[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Home Made Variac

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
> Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > Original Poster: "Kristian Ukkonen" <kukkonen-at-cc.hut.fi>
> >
> > Tesla List wrote:
> > > Original Poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
> > > Tesla List wrote:

  It looked like copper or at least a metal, and I
> would think it would short out several turns.  I suspect that anyone who
> would go to that much trouble would know enough to use the right brush
> material.
>
> Ed

Hmmmm...   im lost now ....   why wouldnt a carbon brush "short out" the
several turns as a metallic "brush" would ???  arent both materials made
to conduct electricity ???  I understand that carbon has some
resistivity to it but is it that high that it would matter compared to
say a metallic brush?

Scot D