[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube coil ideas using 600W tetrodes?

Jim, all,

I also would agree with Rob. Use the tubes as they were intended, and
search for some triodes. I am liking my 833C's, but am limited to only
~2500 watts, so I have yet to try all four paralleled (hard two get two
cherry red at that power, well, maybe not!). Also, the ceramic tubes are
harder to cool, unless you have the proper sockets, chimney, etc. ;-)

I would think one could do a 30" discharge while using less then 2000 watts
power, it is still a goal for myself. The trick is to use ~20-30 PPS
(Staccato), and use "level shifting". The hardest part I have found is to
determine the best grid feed back for a given coil, and impedance matching
primaries, etc. Trial and error is not the most efficient process :-p

Problem is the ARRL Handbook (although, invaluable), and all "radio" theory
goes out the door when designing a "tube coil"... At least that the way it
seems to me, a "novice".

Anybody got some good VTTC "design software"?

Regards,

David Trimmell
Tubin' in Oregon
http://www.pond-dot-net/~davidt