[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: multiple gap question

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com
>
> In a message dated 2/11/00 2:33:18 AM Central Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> writes:
>
> <<  Mine were gapped at about 0.03", I used a feeler gauge to verify that
>  all segments were parallel to one another.  Are yours reasonably
parallel? >>

snipperzz...

Hi Ralph ...

try slotting ( make a shallow cut 1/8" wide) the base material with a
table saw or router ( table saw is better)    the slots will determine
the gap distance and will also make the tubes paralell  ( as long as
your slots are paralell ;)  )  the added advantage to this is that it
only requires 1 screw per tube

the center to center distance of the shallow cuts in the base material
will be the avg. tube diameter + the individual gap   ( say you have 1"
tubing and want 10 gaps for a total of .3", you need 11 tubes and each
gap to be .030". the center to center distance will be 1.030" )  mark
the base material at 11 intervals of 1.030"  and drill those marks to
hold the screws  set up the table saw for a shallow cut depth ( about
1/3 of base thickness) and use the slide bar    this will produce 11
"channels" all paralell to each other.   I used the drilled holes as an
alignment method   i would adjust the hole over the blade area untill i
saw both sides of the balde thru the hole  once that was done i would
pass the base over the blade ...

Scot D