[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Intro.., and Protection Filters

Hi Steve, All,

many thanks for your friendly words, appreciating my homepage.
With currently 82" my sparks are indeed longer than myself (63")
;-)  The sparks you can see on my homepage are only about 67". So
being quite happy about the growing length, I would perhaps not
be a TC-enthusiast, if not trying to get out more of what I feel,
the secondaries should be good for...! Of course the strike rails
have a gap to avoid beeing a shorted turn, but you are right, it
cannot be seen in the pic's. perhaps you noticed, that even my
corona rings at the upper end of the sec'windings, have a gap.

My former question about the need of protection filters for
potential transformers has not yet found an answer. I'm using
filters currently, and probably in future too, but would
appreciate to know, how other coilers experience or opinion on
using/not using those devices is.

Cheers, Kurt