[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Topload troubles

well, It's not the same wires, but the same type anyway.  The reason is
that I soldered flattened sections of copper pipe to the ends of the
wire, then drilled a hole through the flattened pipe.  I did this to get
the resistance a bit lower.  I've ohmed around and havent found anything
out of place.  But here's something interesting that I just realised:
the cable from the cap to the moveable tap was looped around the primary
in the same direction as the primary.  thus by decreacing inductance of
primary, i would increace inductance through this cord, and get
absolutely nothing done!  I'll try to set up this weekend and see if I
can get some new results.