[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bottle Capacitors

> It's nice to hear of other Canadian hams building Tesla coils!
> Like yourself, I live in a small town, on Lake Huron, several
> hours drive from any electronic supply houses or surplus
> shops.  I therefore went the salt water cap route too as
> the materials are readily available.

Hi, thankyou for your reply. My intent with the bottle caps is to take a
bucket (not a 5 gal pail, but the next size down) fill it with dry sand
saturated with oil and place the  required number of caps in that. I could
then either allow the bolts on each bottle to protrude through the top, or
just have the two 'important' terminals on the top - thats the plan anyway.
Perhapps someday (if I *ever* get my code) I'll catch you on HF, I just have
my basic right now, I've had it for 3 years, and I have been working (if you
can call an hour a month working) on my CW, Is there anysort of Tesla Coil
interest nets or meetings on HF, it seems a great deal of the coilers on
this list are Hams and it would be great to hear them on the air someday.

73,
Troy Peterson [VE7SOK]
highvoltage-at-mad.scientist-dot-com