[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RSG and Real Watts (was Re: multiple gap question)

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Megavolt Nick" <tesla-at-fieldfamily.prontoserve.co.uk>

Hi Nick,

First I want to say I agree we term things differently here and there, and this
one has come up time and time again. At the least, we should identify what
power
term we are using.

Curious about your "real watts" - or maybe the question is directed to your
amazing rate of 1120 bps. Does the break rate at this speed really help?
Did you
take into consideration cap charge time? It seems to me that at 1120 bps, your
initial primary energy (.5*Cp*Vp^2) is at about 2.81 J. However, your "full"
charge time is 3.51ms, but at 1120 bps, your only allowing 0.89ms between
electrodes. That puts you at about 1 time-constant (63%) of full charge. Then,
Vp * Cp charge drops your cap voltage and causes an effective primary energy to
drop to about 1.37 J. Of course, "real watts" follows this path down to
about an
energy per second of 1500 instead of 1935. I'm kind of curious why your running
such a high bps. The only gain I can see from it is maybe cooler rotating
electrodes. I would imagine there are quite a few "no fires" per revolution at
that rate.

Bart