[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NST and GFI ?

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:53:33 -0700, you wrote:

>Original Poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
>
>In a message dated 2/13/00 5:56:59 PM !!!First Boot!!!, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>writes:
>
><< Original Poster: CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com
>
> GFI protection is generally NOT considered a good thing for coils..I have
> actually been able to run my coil (15/60) from a GFI outlet, but I think
>that
> is the exception, rather than the rule.

I think that's a different issue - using a  GFI outlet shouldn't be a
problem unless the GFI is electronic and confused by RF. You shouldn't
have a current imbalance on the mains input (unless you have a lot of
mains filters)
I would think a GFI neon would sense current imbalance on the HV
_output_, and would probably be very confused by a TC load.