[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube coil ideas

Hello Grayson, A 304tl, or 304th would be a good match for a MOT, and they
usually go for ~$20 at ham fests. In fact my current project is to make a
audio modulated VTTC from a 304th and MOT as PSU. Looking at a portable
demo type unit, as dragging around a 125lb plate trany is no fun ;-)

Your friends will be disapointed in the broadcast power of a amplitude
modulated VTTC, a one watt transmitter is better then a 2KW Tube coil. At
least if you are getting some corona.

Regards,

David Trimmell