[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

gap spacing

System:
15/30NST
.0125uF SW Cap
12 turn (50') 1/4" Primary (flat)
Variac controlled power supply.

Gap:

12 1" solid brass spheres tapped to 1/4"-20 bolted to a piece of G-10

Question:

How far apart should I set the balls? They will not be moveable and we are
machineing the G-10 on a CNC mill so we want them EXACT :)

I have seen everything from .020 to .050 and was wondering the perfect
setting.

Also, FYI: 12 Corona bottles will *just* fit into a 5Gal HDPE bucket and use
a LOT less water/oil then an Aquarium (less space between bottles).For the
same capacitance of .0125uF

Will having the bottles so closely spaced cause any problems?

We have learned that having the bottles spaced as such they are rather
stable and the bucket can be moved (within reason)without any fear of
spilling the contents. We also used an airtight lid for the bucket (with a
corked vent) so it can be shipped in a car without any worry. Total weight
is <20lbs :)

If the spaceing isn't an issue, then this is quite possibly the highest
possible evolution of the SW cap, with a full inch of oil on top (and 2" in
the bottles) there are no corona losses. The only drawback is with
everything sealed in the bucket, you can't see anything.......I like the
prettey blue glow :)

Next step......take the 19 other buckets we ordered and make a *real* Bucket
Cap.

now we have to scrounce some 3M spray adhesive......hmmmmmmmmmmm

whos-at-geekgroup-dot-org ? Hell I dunno, whos-at-geekgroup-dot-org ?
Chris Boden, that's who!

Christopher A. Boden Esq.
President / Founder
The Geek Group
www.geekgroup-dot-org

Brought to you by Kalm Kat static suppression systems for your cat. Winter
in northern climates is a terrible season for your cat. He doesn't
understand low humidity, he just knows that affectionate strokes carry rude
surprises. Friends become attackers, and warm laps disquieting. The Kalm Kat
system employs grounding collars, corona discharge points, and a patented
mist system to keep your kitty well-grounded and content.
Made by The Geek Group :) Kalamazoo Michigan