[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Reducing Inductance In Caps And ?, Was RE: Reducing Self Resonance In Rolled Caps

I had read that rolled caps self resonate, because they are a cap
and a coil all at the same time.  However now I understand they must
have really meant that rolled caps have higher inductance.  There
by slowing the charging and discharging time, that makes sense.

Now the question is if the inductance slows the charging and
discharging, would not that change the overall freq in the primary?

For TC use is it better to use extended foil design or the non
extended foil design in rolled caps?

Does this inductance change the overall capacitance?

Does it change the number of turns needed on the primary?

Many Thanks,
Bill Parn