[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube coil ideas

Mike, David

Yes, I was planning on having two different modes of operation, one with
a plasma discharge, and the other loaded down or attached to an antenna
to the point where the was no discharge. Of course, each would require
separate tuning points, right?

Grayson Dietrich
http://www.electrophile.8m-dot-com

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:07:28 -0700 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
> Original Poster: "Mike Nolley" <mnolley-at-mail.slc.edu>
>
> > Original Poster: "David Trimmell" <davidt-at-pond-dot-net>
> >
> > Your friends will be disapointed in the broadcast power of a
> amplitude
>
> > modulated VTTC, a one watt transmitter is better then a 2KW Tube
> coil.
> At
> > least if you are getting some corona.
>
>     However, upon adding a suitable wire antenna to the top of the
> coil,
> the
> broadcast power would increase dramatically--right?  Unfortunately
> your
> plasma
> wouldn't "talk" after this, because there wouldn't be any.
>             --Mike

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.