[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: About new gap design

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
>
> I haven't seen any response to my post listed below.  Is there any chance
> this gap will outperform my existing async rotary?  What about heat?  Will I
> need to make this out of something that will stand a lot of heat, like G10 or
> maybe bakelite?
>
> Thanks, Ed Sonderman

Snipperzzz...

HI Ed...

as you i have been looking for a better gap for hi power that doesnt
entail alot of money, time, and exotic materials....

at 7KVA  heat will be a big problem ...  and spacers left between the
tubes WILL conduct and if the material is burnable ( can become carbon)
the gap becomes useless....  and you would be amazed at what HV can
"burn"...

take a look at the gap I designed on terry's web site

http://www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/misc/scot/

it displaces the arc to a higher point on the tubes, is easy to clean,
and is adjustable ...  tools needed to build it   a table saw, drill,
and an accurate measuring device

Scot D