[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

triac mains switch

Hi,

has anyone a tested&working schematic for a triac switch to switch on
t.ex. a NST?

I've built one, it looked and seemed so simple, but I can't help smoking
one triac after the other when I remove my current limiting 1kW cloth
iron. :(

I've tried reducing dV/dt on switch-off (snubber: 40nF cap 1kOhm
resistor, p=0.4..0.6), used triacs up to 800VAC and 10A, added and
removed line filters. Also, before my last on-stock triac popped, I had a
10uF PFC cap accross my 220V 2.1A, 8kV 400VA rated NST (does 10uF sound
reasonable, by the way?).

Could you give me some tips on this triac thing? Or some alternative?

I don't want to use a relais, instead, opto-couplers & triac. No SCRs,
they are too expensive here. Can I use diacs somehow for this?

many thanks all!

--
 Jan Florian Wagner
 high voltage at http://www.hut.fi/~jwagner