[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: UK supplier of FR4/G10

In a message dated 2/25/00 4:03:36 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<<
 > Original Poster: "bob golding" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>
 >
 > Hi all,
 >         I have located a UK supplier of 9.6mm FR4/G10. We will have to
 buy a 3
 > foot x 2 foot sheet, but it works out much cheaper than carp brand tufnol.
 > One sheet costs  £136.68 which works out at £22.78 for a 12" x 12" piece
 > plus cutting and postage. I will investigate getting it cut, (any ideas of
 > the best way to cut it? will it guillotine ?). If anyone wants to come in
 > on this contact me off list.
 >
 > cheers
 > bob golding

Bob,

I used to work for an electronics company that had their own printed circuit
board shop.  All the G10 circuit board material was initally rough cut to
size using a shear (like used for sheet metal) and later routed to exact
dimensions.

Ed Sonderman