[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NST Protection and Filters

<snip>

> While I am on the subject of protection, can someone tell me how to
> properly filter for EMI?  Do you hook up a filter to the power lines
> leading to the RSG motor?  How are filters rated, in amps?  watts?  How
> do I properly match a filter to my coil?  Sources and part numbers?

RFIs are listed by current (and voltage).  Newark (www.newark-dot-com) and, as
already noted, DigiKey (www.digikey-dot-com) sells them.  I am planning on
getting a couple Corcon's from Newark for my coil.  They are quite reasonable
(less than $30 for a 120VAC/20A model).  Newark also has a FAR larger
selection of just about everything.

For a 15/60 with a 100% PFC cap, you'll probably be pulling about 8A from the
wall (-at-120VAC).  I wouldn't really recommend a 10A RFI filter - go with a 20A
one.  Also, I would recommend using a seperate RFI filter for the motor, as
well.

Mark