[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Digital Camera acid test.

Hi Finn,

At 01:53 AM 02/27/2000 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>During todays coiling activities, i forgot , that I had placed my new
>Olympus C-830L digital camera on the platform right under the primary of
>the coil.
>So after having run the coil for 5 minutes straight, (cap stays cool) I
>was interested to see, if it still worked, It did...:-)
>
>Cheers, Finn Hammer

The high voltage E-fields were probably shielded by the primary.  The
camera is probably well shielded internally too.  Since the camera was not
connected to ground, it probably did not see much RF current flow through
it.  It is a bit surprising that the high frequency magnetic fields did not
induce currents inside the camera's circuits that would have bothered it.
I noticed at your site that you have nice heavy grounding.  It's times like
this that big heavy grounding can really pay off!! ;-))  Perhaps we should
have are own Tesla coil approval label to go along with UL, CSA, CE, NRTL,
TUV,... ;-))  Wonder if Olympus makes pacemakers... ;-))

BTW - Congratulations on your torroid project!!!

Cheers,

	Terry