[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Digital Camera acid test.

> >So after having run the coil for 5 minutes straight, (cap stays cool) I
> >was interested to see, if it still worked, It did...:-)
> It is a bit surprising that the high frequency magnetic fields did not
> induce currents inside the camera's circuits that would have bothered it.

Gotta ask this, I've wondered about if for some time now, many coilers
have the primary placed on a platform some inches above the primary HV
stuff (transformer, cables, filters, SG, caps) i.e. lots of metal
down there...
That should pose quite a loss, with all those eddy currents generated and
voltages induced in the metal below the primary? Or does it?

--
 Jan Florian Wagner
 http://www.hut.fi/~jwagner