[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Scot's spark gap in progress

BIG Snipperzzz...

> My plan is to clamp and bolt together the two pieces of 4 x 12 G-10 before I
> drill the holes. First, I'll drill the four corner holes for 1/4 x 20
> threaded brass rod. Might even drill two more holes at the six-inch
> midline. Then I will remove the clamps and bolt the two 4 x 12 pieces
> together before drilling the nine
> holes for the cylinders. Comments are cheerfully solicited.  :-((
>
> This is great fun. Learning is happening.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralph Zekelman

Hi Ralph...

the clamping idea sounds great   altho i did mine all "free-hand" on a
drill press with good results ...  but the clamping idea should
definately increase the accuracy...   just be sure that when you off-set
the plates it is measured well or else you will have the tubes too far
over on one side...

for example...

if you are using 1" tubes with a 1/2" seperation   shift the plates by
3/4" when you reclamp them to drill the screw mount holes for the tubes

Scot D