[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TT-42 update

> Original Poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

Hey John,

Glad to hear your getting your portable coil running well. As I've known
for quite some time now, you have an excellent system in place to spin your
toroids. Just how large of a toroid can you spin? I've avoided spun toroids
mainly because I need to be in the 50pF range on my coil (is this too much
for your spinning system?).Refering to your arc length; Your running 120
bps on a 12/30 NST? So your beyond the input watts equation. It seems to me
you could drive a larger toroid for greater arc length. Not much larger in
pF, but a bit. Have you tried this? Also, I think a few more bps would
help, but you can't go too far with it before the energy at the toroid
actually decreases (240 is just about maxed out with your current setup). I
know you've tried higher bps in the past and you were not impressed. I
believe there is optimum bps rates for each coil determined by the entire
system, including the top load.

Bart

P.S. Beautiful job on the TT-42.

Take care,