[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: tesla coil noise--how loud?

In a message dated 2/26/00 8:42:27 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Original Poster: Fucian-at-aol-dot-com

 hi,im new to coiling and gathering parts.are these things too loud to
operate
 indoors?im using a 7.5kv30ma neon trans.

I originally did not think my coil was too loud but many guests that I
brought down into my basement did complain.  I ended up buying a few sets of
shooters ear muffs to have on hand.  It never did bother me, but then again,
I can't hear very well anyway.  More power = longer sparks = more noise.

Ed Sonderman