[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: High Voltage Meter...

Hi "M Fabs",

Sure!  The Radio shack meter movement simply reads full scale when 1mA of
AC is applied to it (it uses a bridge rectifier and DC meter).  If you
replace the 130K resistor with 26Meg and double the supplied scale you
should have a nice high voltage meter.  Of course, the resistor will have
to easily withstand 30kV (perhaps a bunch of 1Meg 1 watt in series) and the
resistor will dissipate a total of about 30 watts at full scale.  You will
also need to be sure the meter is insulated for the high voltage and all.
Not a hand held type meter ;-))

Cheers,

	Terry