[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More topload troubles

Hi Jason,
                  Unless I've misread this the clue to your problems is in
the "18 bottles".  If you are trying to use a much larger primary cap
with the same primary coil tappings and same secondary, your coil
is completely out of tune. Less primary turns should = better results
but I also suspect that a 16" long coil is going to be a problem at
much higher primary energy levels. You may need to loosen
coupling considerably as well. However, try cutting out a few
primary turns first.

Best of luck,
Malcolm