[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Wanted: LV Connector

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Jeff W. Parisse" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>
>
> All,
>
> I need a four or five conductor, low voltage (<250), panel connector
> and corresponding plug for a TC remote control. A kickback ate the
> no-name connector I was using over Y2K and I'd like to replace it
> with something more robust. Any ideas?
>
> Jeff W. Parisse
> Director, kVA Effects
> www.teslacoil-dot-com

Jeff

Suggest using Amphenol MS (Mil Std) round threaded connector.  Been
around since WW2, built like a BSH, and can be keyed so interchanging of

plugs is mechanically difficult (notice I didn't say impossible, those
production
folks sometimes do the dam...est things  :^C  )

16S, or 16P (10 circuit), rated at least 250V (and to 1 kV in certain
mechanical
configurations).  Allied, Newark et al carry them, I'm using in my new
controller
I've been building.  16S, 16P is rated to 10A in control applications.
Specify
shell configuration, I would assume a female bulkhead (panel end) and
male
(cable) plug end.  Be sure to configure in such a way the control power
source
is in female (i.e. socketed [dead-front] ) configuration.  Cable plugs
can also be configured using a "split-shell" which makes assembly much
easier; and they even
have adapters for "liquid-tite" flexible conduit for dust/water
splashdown applications.

Regards

Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA