[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla magnifying transmitter

Hi All,
           I have heard figures in the region of 100MV quoted for lightening
strikes and peak current of similar magnitude.  There is a minimum voltage
you need to form an ionized path, then the spark growth is a matter of
current.  The minimum voltage is not 3kV/cm or some similar brown commonly
used fertiliser.  The calculation, when done as a field calculation, is
quite simple but not too reliable as the breakdown field gradient of air is
very variable.

Regards
Nick Field