Re: Shellac Qs + Re: PVC Drying

     I made my 6"x24" PVC secondary in the following way:

     I cleaned off the factory markings with acetone, and sanded it until
     it was nice and pretty.

     I gave it two coats of polyurethane inside and out.  I then epoxied on
     the endcaps, which I had also polyurethaned inside and out.  The
     endcaps were predrilled for the winding jig axle.

     I put the now sealed secondary form on the winding jig.  I wound it
     with 22 ga. magnet wire.  I then gave it seven more coats of
     polyurethane.  I would run the winding jig while putting on a PU coat,
     and let it run for about 15 min afterward so it would dry without
     drips.

     Finally, I epoxied a pvc fitting for the toroid onto the top of the
     secondary, and an HDPE mounting plate onto the bottom.

     I did not dry the pvc.  This secondary has worked like a dream, and is
     good looking too, in my humble opinion.

     As John Freau and others have pointed out, all indicators are that the
     worst losses occur in the spark gap, not the secondary.

     paulmathus