Re: Strange shock (fwd)

Greetings:

I too have seen this effect with coils that either
have heavy varnish or heavy insulation on the
windings. The static charge comes from the last half
of the charging cycle in the primary circuit. It is
esentially varying +DC or -DC (varying sinusoidally
and changes polarity when it drops to 0 Volts).
Distributed capacitance between the windings holds the
charge until a larger capacitance (human touch)causes
an inrush of current (shock) to estanblish
equilibrium.

Dan Boughton