Re: any insulation recomendations for magnet wire

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com
>
> In a message dated 7/14/00 10:03:24 PM Central Daylight Time,
> tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>
> << f you can find it ...   get the double forvar
>  its less resistant to scuffing and cracking
>   >>
> See MWS Wire Company at www.mwswire-dot-com
>
> Cheers,
> Ralph Zekelman

	For those who might pick up old wire in surplus stores as I do, be
aware that with age (many years) formvar becomes brittle and can flake
off in the process of winding.  Even then, however, it is probably
unlikely that two turns would short together, and a coating of varnish
should both provide insulation between the turns and also stabilize the
winding so it couldn't move.

Ed