double checking before first run

Hello all!

I am nearly ready to fire up my first pole transformer powered coil. I have a
few last minute questions and clarifications....Most of these questions were
answered already, but just in case I didn't get it all.. :)

Rather than having a "floating" HV coil in the pole xfmr I have elected to
ground one whole side of the system. As I understand it, this would mean that
one bushing of the xfmr, and one side of the SRSG,  the innermost turn of the
primary, and the base of the secondary would all go to ground. The tap point
of the primary would then go to the caps which are on the other side of the
circuit, and are attatched to the other side of the SRSG and the xfmr. Safety
gaps everywhere, of course.

I realize that this is a bit "wordy" ,however its the best description I can
come up with .

One of the issues that comes to mind is that having the base of the sec, and
inside turn of the primary connected together (to ground) is something like
an oudin coil...what's the difference here? Is that connection in an oudin
coil not grounded?

Also, in starting up my SRSG, which hasn't been given a powered run yet, Is
there a way that I can get the sync phase close without 2kVA across it?
Please excuse me if these issues have been dealt with, but I just got back to
the list after a lightning strike took our modem. Its been 2 months, and no,
I didn't cause the lightning strike :)~

thanks as always for your time, everyone!

Chris