Re: huge capicator

DANIMAL799-at-aol-dot-com wrote to the list:

> powersupply consists of 4 mot's.  i can't run them all at once because
> they trip the circut breaker in my apartment.

Hi,

I've built a 6-MOT-5500Vdc-powersupply for my VTTC. As I faced
the same circuit breaker problem, I removed the filament winding of
a MOT and replaced it by 11 turns, rectified the ac and fed the 14
Vdc to a relay. The 30 A-normally closed-contacts of this relay
short a 27 Ohm / 50 W resistor placed in series with the supply
voltage of the MOT arrangement. This limitation of the inrush
current works without problems.

I hope this helps a little bit.

Herwig