THOR resonance freq. simulation vs.measurement results

"Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 18.07.2000 00:56:31

To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
cc:    (bcc: Marco Denicolai/MARTIS)
Subject:  Re: THOR resonance freq. measurement results

>Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>
>
>You can model this behavior with a simulator, using transmission lines,
>or using a long LC ladder instead (recently some models were
>described in the list).

<SNIP>

>To compute Z0 and T for a coil, use:
>
>T=(pi/2)*sqrt(Cm*L)
>Z0=(2/pi)*sqrt(L/Cm))
>
>where L is the inductance of the coil and Cm is it's self-capacitance,
>and pi=3.1416.

Hello Antonio.

I made a quick and dirty model with MicroSim at
http://www.saunalahti.fi/dncmrc/th_frq.htm. The 2nd and 3th res. freq. still
don't match exactly: 240 kHz and 447 kHz instead of 222 kHz and 346 kHz. It
seems like the model frequency shifting effect is less severe that what I
actually measured.

Any suggestion?

Regards