Boston Museum of Science Tesla coil safety

Dear List:

I contacted the person who built and maintains the large Tesla Coil at the
Boston Museum of Science, Tony DeAngelis, regarding the museum's experience
with public display and liability relating to the coil.  The museum rounded
up some true experts in the field of pacemakers and magnetic fields, and
took actual measurements of the EM fields.  The bottom line was that the
fields were determined to be perfectly safe for anyone.  The Faraday
enclosure referenced is a small one-person cage for the operator of the
equipment, located much closer to the coil, and is a target for the massive
Van De Graaf  discharges.

Thank you Tony for agreeing to share this!

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA