Re: First VTTC light, and a few questions

John,

well, If you say so, okay....   ....the equations in Bylund's book
specified 4K, but right now I can decrease that to 2K with the tube still
within specs. I guess I could stretch things a bit and go a -little-
beyond the tube's ratings...  heh. Your incredible 833A coil (the one
that self-destructed) comes to mind... ;-)

Toodles!

Grayson Dietrich
http://www.electrophile.8m-dot-com

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 08:04:08 -0600 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com
>
> In a message dated 7/18/00 7:09:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> writes:
>
> > Also, is it acceptable to run an 811A with a dull-red glowing
> plate, or
> >  to what extent is such a thing allowed?
> >
> >  Thanks for any input, and I hope to hear from all you tube coil
> gurus out
> >  there.
> >
> >  Thanks,
> >
> >  Grayson Dietrich
>
> Grayson,
>
> Congratulations on the first light.  A dull red plate is OK, and I
> would
> just adjust the feedback and/or grid resistance to give longest
> spark
> with a dull red plate.
>
> Cheers,
> John Freau