Re: Hard Drive Motors, RSGs and Stuff

I have one of these too and have wondered for a while whether they could
be syncronised.
If you apply 12volts of 50hz AC to one of the coils it will rotate
slowly, but they get very warm very quickly.

It really is tiny though, it seems through logic to me that something so
small cannot really move anything really big.

The circuitry on the board is fried, I would not have taken it apart
otherwise. Anyone know how I can make it spin again ?