Re: why? chilled spark gap tips gives more spark?

Hi James,

	 A very interesting experiment!  Quenching or extingusihing the gap at
just the right time is really important for static gaps.  Normaly a static
gap will fill with hot gases and metal ions that will hurt quenching.
Cooling the gap whould tend to resist this problem at least until it
reheated.  I think that is what is going on in your test.

	Perhaps something like a dry-ice (cold but won't explode :-)) gap would be
interesting too...

Cheers,

	Terry