Re: RF safety

> At 01:46 PM 7/21/00 -0700, Jim Lux wrote:

>snipped<

>A duty cycle of 10% or even 1% might not be a bad estimate for a
> typical TC, when actually making sparks ( for a loaded Q of 10, at
>100 kHz, the RMS value of the first 100 cycles (1 mSec) is 0.22 times
>the peak value of the first cycle, and an additional cycle only raises
that >about .001)..

 >snipped<

I wonder if Jim means "...of the last cycle...", not the first cycle.

Also, I can attest to the larger field when not "breaking out", that Jim
mentions:  With no spark, my s.s. coil lights up all the flourescent
lights, misc. neon tubes lying about, etc., in my workshop.  With a spark
there's very little of that.  A subjective measurement, but indicative.

Ken Herrick
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.