High Voltage / Current Coil

Hi coilers,

I am a coil builder from way back and I have recently acquired a 14.4KV 15KW
pole pig. I would like to build a new coil suitable to be powered by the
pole pig. This will be a major upgrade to my old 15KV neon transformer
driven coils and I look forward to getting started on it.

I have powered up the transformer and made some huge Jacob Ladder type arcs
with it. I had to go to with a 4 AWG power cord as it was seriously heating
up standard romex. I have also added a separate breaker panel and 100A
breaker outside my shop.

I have been looking through the many Tesla web sites and I have learned
several things about pole pig driven coils, such as using a welder and dryer
coils as resistors for limiting current. However, of all the plans I have
found, all have been designed for 5KW or 10KW transformers.

I am curious if anyone can point me to plans for a coil using a transformer
similar to my own.

Building a coil of this size will be expensive and I would rather not
attempt to recalculate everything for a difference in power transformers if
plans exist for a transformer like my own already.

I anyone knows of a site or book that offers plans using a 15KW pole pig,
please let me know. I would also consider paying someone for his or her time
to assist me with a design.

I have probably built 10 coils and many were failures. I would rather that
not happen this time.

Thank you for your assistance,

Cameron B. Prince