Re: ?TESLA Coil Transformer????

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "matt steele" <viziard10-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> Hello,
>         Does anyone out there now if it is possible to build a
transformer capable
> of stepping up the highvoltage output of the TC????
> Thanks,

If you really want to do this, yes, it's possible. The circuit would
be something as a conventional (almost) Tesla transformer driving
directly (no gap) a second Tesla transformer. This configuration can
be designed to work with dynamics similar to what occurs in a
"magnifier" (a simple circuit transformation converts one form into
the other).
The maximum output voltage, however, continues depending only on
the primary capacitance (C1), the terminal+last coil self capacitances
(C3), and the primary voltage (Vin). Voutmax<=Vin*sqrt(C1/C3).
I don't see particular advantages in the configuration, other than
curiosity.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz