"tapping" the primary

hi everyone,

I have a question regarding how to put power through, or "tap" the primary
coil
having done my calculations for the primary, and finding out it needs to be
tapped at around turn 6 or 7, I was wondering just what the right way to tap
it is.
I am new at building coils, so I don't know a whole lot about their
construction. If anyone has the slightest idea what i'm talking about, and
knows how to, please tell me the correct way to tap the primary.

        Thanks
                    ---eric gendron---