Re: Winding secondaries

Hi Kennan, all

found the monofilament, nylon fishing line as an excellent spacer for the
windings of the secondary coil. I've always wound my coils by hand and it
is not exceptionally difficult to space wind a secondary coil. I used to think
that even enameled wire needed to be space wound because of the volts/
turn ratio that you mentioned. However, if the complete system is designed
correctly, then there is no need for this. But obviously, bare wire would have
to be spaced to prevent turn-to-turn shorting. I simply place my wire spool
and fishing line spool on the same dial and wind them both together on the
secondary form. Of course, once the sec coil is complete, several coats
should be applied to the coil to help insulate and protect the coil. Hope this
helps.

                                                             David Rieben