Re: Tesla Coil Computer Programs

Hi Ed, Mike,

> Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
>
> In a message dated 7/22/00 10:52:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>
> <<
>  Hi Ed,
>    I too have used your spreadsheet and then went and made my own.   I used
>  the same basic equations yours does except that I plotted out the Medhurst
>  table from yours and then used the trend function to create a formula for
> the
>  self capacitance rather than a lookup table(my own "adjustment" to your fine
>
>  spreadsheet).  I did use yours to make sure mine worked right.

Just a quick note regarding the CMed table. An easier approach for Excel is to
use the following formula:

K = (0.585-0.25442*(X)+(0.15563*(X)^2)-(0.02777*(X)^3)+0.00172*(X)^4)

where X = H/D ratio (sorry. I just did a copy/paste out of Excel).

and then CMed(pF) = K * D * 2.54

Try the equation and compare. It's an easy and accurate approach to CMed.
Although I am currently using CCox in my rendition, I keep CMed close by just
to watch the comparison.

BTW, Mike, the goal seek is a great idea. Thanks for posting.

Bart