Re: performance/tuning question

In a message dated 7/27/00 5:45:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Terry -
>
>  Many thanks for all that information on the NST "sweet spots". I had heard
>  about these possible conditions but had little specific information. I
would
>  be interested in more information so these special conditions can be
>  incorporated into a TC program. The resonant cap is no problem but how
about
>  those other "sweet spots". At present it looks to me like they are not
>  changing Tesla coils outputs very much.

John,

You are correct, a NST will give the same spark output whether the
cap is matched, 1.5 LTR, or 2.5 LTR, at least this is what happens
in the comparisons I made in my coil.  I get 42" sparks from a 12/30
NST in any of these cases.

Cheers,
JOhn Freau